Thanksgiving Day Family Yoga
Our regular classes are suspended on Thanksgiving. Join Anna Cordova Thursday, November 27, 10:00–11:30 a.m., for our annual donation class to benefit our neighbors in need. No need to sign up online; just walk in and being cash, a check, or a nonperishable food item for the Interfaith Food Shuttle of Durham. Details →
Yoga for Everyone
Yoga calls on us to see sameness and unity where we once saw difference. Join us for this special class for students with and without disabilities. Hollie Sue Mann leads, Sunday, November 30, 2:00–3:15 p.m. Details →
We’ll run a condensed holiday schedule December 22–January 4. Our schedule is always correct online, so visit it here to plan your holiday practice! Special highlights:
- Flow Yoga with Jennie Dickson Tuesday, December 23, 6:00–7:30 p.m. Regular class prices. Jennie will conclude this class with Yoga Nidra, a guided relaxation that will lead you to a state of comfort and joy.
- Christmas Eve Flow Yoga with Sara Owens, Wednesday, December 24, 10:00–11:30 a.m. By donation for the Durham Crisis Response Center.
- New Year’s Eve Workshop with Jennie Dickson, Wednesday, December 31, 2:00–4:00 p.m. Focus on letting go of 2014 and clarifying your intentions for 2015—all in the course of a fun flow yoga practice. $30/$25 before 12/24. Details →
- New Year’s Day Yoga Mala (108 sun salutations, with modifications) with Anna Cordova, Thursday, January 1, 10:00 a.m.–noon. $30, $25 before 12/25. Details →
Flow Yoga 101
Interested in developing a flow yoga practice in 2015? Here’s a perfect entry point: Flow Yoga 101. Sara Owens talks you through the common poses, transitions, and ways to stay safe and happy as you flow. Come to one or both series (four weeks for $50), or drop in to any class for only $15.
- Mondays, January 5–26, 7:30–8:45 p.m.
- Mondays, February 2–23, 7:30–8:45 p.m.
Tap into Your Glutes
The seat, the fanny, the booty: whatever you want to call it, the glutes are an important part of strength, balance, and a pain-free body. Learn how to activate and strengthen yours for better movement in this fun workshop with Alexandra DeSiato, Sunday, January 11, 1:00–2:15 p.m. Details →
Calling in the One
Recently married teacher Laura Nickerson will guide practitioners through some of the exercises she credits with allowing her to find the love of her life, drawing on the work of author Katharine Woodward Thomas. All-levels flow yoga and journaling; bring your notebook. Saturday, February 14, 1:00–3:30 p.m., $30/$25 before February 1. Details →
Yoga Teacher Training
Want to deepen your practice or learn to teach? We offer a full range of teacher development programs, from the 200-hour level to the 500-hour level, as well as continuing education. Details →